Saturday, August 21, 2010

Entering the Second Trimester

So I'm entering the second trimester, well I've been in the second trimester for almost 2 weeks now; but it has been even easier than the first trimester. However, getting constant migraines (NOT headaches) that last like 4 days, really sucks. But for the past week I've been migraine free, which is really good and I'm happy about that. I hope it lasts.

I know that you're supposed to have trouble sleeping during the third trimester, but I'm already there. It takes me a while to get comfortable, like an hour. I can't lay on my stomach, obviously, because of Jellybean. I can't lay on my back (even though I'm not that big), laying on my stomach stretches and pulls my stomach muscles. I can lay on my right side, but then I have to pee every hour. So I mostly just lay on my left side, but after a while it goes numb so I have to switch to the right side and then I have to pee... GRRRRRRR! Don't get me wrong, I can still sleep.. a lot! But I'm no where near exhausted as I was during the first trimester; but I can still sleep 10-12 hours a night but I don't need a nap during the day. So any suggestions or advice on this subject would be greatly appreicated.

Not napping during the day and having more energy during the day is really good for me, because I need to clean out the smaller room (also known as the "junk room") and move all the office and guest bedroom furniture into the small room and then clean the big room to make it the nursery! So there's A LOT to do and only 5 months to do it in, but I think I can handle it plus I have my wonderful husband to help :0)

Has anyone, whose been pregnant, had the feeling or still found it hard to believe that there was a life growing inside you?? Like I know there is, but since I can't feel it yet, it still astounds me that a little life that's half of me and half of Brian is growing in my tummy. :0) But the thought just makes me so happy! 

I really wanted to get a heart monitor so that I could hear Jellybean's heartbeat whenever I wanted, however, my mom and Brian think it's a bad idea. And after listening to them, I tend to agree. Because of my personality, they feel that if I get one I will use it everyday and constantly obsess over the heartbeat. They are also concerned that if I can't find the heartbeat one day, obviously because I'm not a doctor and the baby moves around, that it will extremely stress me out (and stress ... isn't good for pregnancy or the baby). So I agree with them and have decided not to get one, although I still think it would be cool if I could hear the heartbeat whenever I wanted, and I had found some that were at a very good price, and good quality. But I heard the heartbeat two weeks ago and I get to hear it again on August 31, so I think I'll be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment