Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Induction Date is February 17th!!!

So the countdown begins... 8 days til induction! 

I had my 39 week doctor's appointment this morning and I did not get the news I was hoping for; it wasn't bad new by any means. I have not made ANY progress since my last appointment. (Just to recap, my 38 week appointment I wasn't dilated or effaced at all. Baby John was no where near the birth canal). For this appointment I was hoping I had made some progress, maybe dilating and effacing enough to be induced the end of this week; but nope! I am BARELY dilated 1cm (her exact words) and still NOT effaced. Baby John is still exactly where he was last week. So it is a disappointment for me because I have to wait another week to see my little boy! I have my 40 week appointment next Wednesday at 3:00pm, where I will get another exam to check my progression (which she doesn't think will have changed, but hopes it has). After the appointment I'll be admitted to Piedmont Hospital Wednesday (Feb 16th) night and induced bright and early Thursday morning (Feb 17th). So either way my little boy will be here by next Friday! YAY! I'm VERY excited, even though I still have to wait another week. But I guess he'll come when he wants to come or he'll be forced out next week, haha!

At least everything is done...
House Cleaned - CHECK
Grocery Shopping - CHECK
Cars Cleaned - CHECK
Laundry - CHECK
Nursery Complete - CHECK
Hospital Bag Packed - CHECK
Baby John - the only thing left!

No comments:

Post a Comment