Wednesday, January 26, 2011

37 weeks along, only 3 more weeks to go!

I was 37 weeks along yesterday (1/25/11) and only 3 more weeks to go until D-DAY! ("due date"). We're very excited and can't believe the past 9 months have flown by so fast! We can't wait to meet our little son!

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday and everything's good!
1. My blood pressure is normal; which it has been my entire pregnancy.
2. Baby John is in the correct position for birth, head down!
3. I'll get checked next week, just to see if things are progressing like they should.
4. Baby John has dropped! which puts pressure on my bladder and pelvis, yay!
5. I have maintained my weight for last week, so NO WEIGHT GAIN! yay!
6. My tummy is still measuring within my date range; although it's on the big side, which means.....
John is going to be a big boy!
Our estimate is that John will be at least 8 lbs. My guess is probably 8 1/2 pounds, but I don't think he'll be any bigger than 9 lbs. I know that sounds really big, haha! But Brian was on the big side when he was born, almost 9 lbs and I was on the average side of 7 1/2 lbs. But we'll see how right we are! We do think it will be funny if John only comes out being 7 lbs or so, since my belly is so big. But anything's possible!

I am now at the very uncomfortable stage in my pregnancy, and I mean VERY UNCOMFORTABLE! I wake up, seriously, like twice an hour. And not just to pee...it's to pee, to switch the side that I'm sleeping on, baby John moving and kicking me, or just being swore. It's awful, but VERY WORTH IT...well worth it once I get to hold him! Right now, it just sucks. I just keep telling myself... "only 3 weeks, only 3 weeks." But I hope that they go by fast! I'm ready to meet my son! 

The house is almost clean, only one room left (not counting the garage...haha!) and finishing his nursery. I'm hoping to finish that room today and finish up his nursery. I'm also hoping to finish packing the hospital bags and get my hospital binder ready to go. Then I can spend the next 2 1/2 weeks just relaxing and waiting for him to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment